Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Mockingbird painting


Here is a picture of my newest painting. I have not yet listed this on etsy. It's in a very different style for me, which I have been wanting to try out. I used a lot of glazing in this piece, so the colors are quite rich and deep, which doesn't translate very well into the photo. However, I'm thinking of doing another one in this whimsical style, only with a winter theme. I'm very seasonally oriented, if that isn't obvious. :) And on another happy note, I sold my first painting through etsy today! I'm so excited about it! And I really, really hope the buyer loves her new piece of art! It's one of the first paintings I did when I started this whole art thing back up again, and I love the pop of red in the leaves. If you are interested, you can view the painting I sold here. Happy day all! I know mine was! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment