Saturday, November 7, 2009

Appalachian Trail


Those of you who know me, know that I am just *slightly* obsessed with the Appalachian Trail. I have read countless books on the subject, as well as regularly browsing through hikers' online trail journals. Today Dan made my weekend (after a less-than-stellar Friday night at the local cow farm/gun auction) by taking me hiking on the AT! We only hiked about three miles, but it was gorgeous! And I forgot my camera. But picture this: steep mountain trail covered in crunchy brown leaves, and tall, huge trees with a few colorful leaves still clinging to their branches for dear life. The sun shone brightly through everything, and the views between the branches were excellent! I could definitely see myself thru-hiking. So much, that I asked Dan, in all seriousness, if he would let me if I really felt compelled to. He gave me a searching, uncomfortable look and said, "I don't know." And that has been the final word on the subject. Would I really consider leaving my husband for six months to go hiking? No, probably not. I would love it most of all if he would hike it with me. But then, he could meet up with me occasionally and we could hike together for a weekend or whatever. It could work...

No comments:

Post a Comment