Thursday, September 22, 2011

Silas Daniel




I am now a mother! My little buddy, Silas Daniel, was born on September 2 at 11:24 am, and he weighed 7 lbs even. I adore him. I really like being a mom too, although there are a couple of things that I wasn't necessarily prepared for. For example: I think anybody can survive, even thrive, on very little sleep temporarily. But when you're a mom, you don't get to recover. It's just lack of sleep every night in unending succession. I should have been prepared for this, but naively I wasn't. It just didn't occur to me. Another thing that I wasn't prepared for was the recovery period. I knew I would be sore, but I didn't realize just how sore, nor for how long I would feel that way. One good thing, however, is that since I'm nursing I have been soooo hungry. I weigh less now than before I got pregnant, and I am eating near constantly. This is refreshing for me, as I had gestational diabetes and was seriously limited in my diet during the third trimester of my pregnancy. Now, it is gone and I can eat whatever I want. Let me tell you, I am enjoying my rediscovered culinary freedom immensely. And now for some photos of my little man, you can visit my brother's girlfriend's blog here. He looks just like his Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment